Shopgirl: "Weeelllll, we buy seasonally, so right now we are buying for Transitional Fall."
Customer/Clothing Seller: "What exactly does Transitional Fall mean?"
Shopgirl: "Hmmmm, that is a tough one to define. You know, stuff you want to wear now."
Oh my. Like the term 'business casual,' transitional Fall is a term that we use at Revival, but most of us are not exactly sure of the meaning. So we thought we would solve this mystery for both you and us!
What is transitional Fall:
These are items that can easily transition between late summer and early fall.
Items such as (but not limited to):
- Jeans (preferably skinny/cigarette leg, mid-to-high rise)
- Leather & faux leather boots
- Lightweight cardigans
- Open weave knits
- Laying items (tanks, short sleeve tops, vests)
- Fall weight jackets
- Book bags
- Lightweight scarves in fall colors
- Shorts that can be worn with tights
Colors & Materials:
- Colors and materials are always very important when transitioning seasonally. The same dress in white an seem summery, while in maroon is fall-ish.
So while there are exceptions to every rule, we are NOT buying right now:
- Flip flops and sandals
- Summer tank tops & dresses- pastel colors, lightweight cottons, etc.
- Bathing suit cover-up style dresses
- Spring jackets
- Fall/Winter items- heavy sweaters, winter coats, cold weather boots
- As always, items with stains, holes, or other damage
Click here to find out about our three payment options.