Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Revival Shopgirls Say God Bless America, Ya'll



             - t th


Hey friends-

We hope you are having a fantastic Fourth of July holiday.  Here are some tunes to help pass the time...Don't bake out there!!


Track #1 - "America" by Neil Diamond : selected by Shopgirl Abbey

"C'mon, classic hit.  No brainer."

Track #2- "Westward Bound" by Ha Ha Tonka : selected by Shopgirl Anna

"A neat song about fresh starts.  My theme song when I moved from Brooklyn to Iowa City."

Track #3- "In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry: selected by Shopgirl Hannah

"Oooh!  Put this one in because it is fun!"

Track #4-"Black Iowa Dirt" by William Elliott Whitmore: selected by Shopgirls Theresa & Liz

"I like dirt, I like Iowa and I especially like Iowa dirt!"

Track #5- "American Girl" by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers: selected by Shopgirl Sam

"Hey---how about "American Girl" by Tom Petty because it's a good song and about, you know, an American girl."

Track #6 - "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd  Street" by Bruce Springsteen: selected by Shopgirl Anna

"I just wanted to put this in because it is one of my favorite Springsteen songs.  Besides, who is more American than the Boss????"

Track #7 - "Pink Houses" by John Mellencamp : selected by Shopgirl Sam

"Can I go with Pink Houses because I saw Johnny Cougar in concert and found myself singing this song loudly (in the 2nd row I might add) and totally rocking out.  Seriously, it was a good show."

Track #8 - "This Land is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie: selected by Shopgirl Theresa

"This was always my favorite to sing in music class."

Track #9 - "This Land is Your Land" by Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings: selected by Shopgirl Hannah

"A study in the 'This Lands'...I prefer my with a little Sharon please."

Track #10- "Indianapolis" by The Bottle Rockets: selected by Shopgirl Anna

"My home town!!!  Seriously the only song ever written about that city and they talk about being stuck there.  I can relate."

Track #11 - "Fuck tha' Police" by NWA: selected by Shopgirl Abbey

"Cause sometime America isn't pretty."

Track #12 - "Mr. Blue Sky" by the Electric Light Orchestra: selected by Shopgirl Anna

"This amazing opus from ELO just sounds like America.  A tad overdramatic, but on the whole, pretty upbeat and chipper."

No comments:

Post a Comment